Post on 19-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. SALVATION Lecture
2. John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world throughout him. 3. 1. Abundant Grace Ephesians 2:8-9 God saved you by his special favor when you believed.And you cant take credit for this; it is a gift from God.Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. 4. a. What is grace?
- Grace is Gods mercy given to those who dont deserve it.
- It is the most amazing God-given gift to everyone who desires to receive it, and its priceless.
5. b. Description of grace
- Rom. 3:20Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.
- Rom. 3:24 and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.
- Rom. 10:4Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
6. c. Justification by grace
- Romans 5:8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died on the cross for us.
- Romans 4:4-5When people work, their wages are not a gift.Workers earn what they receive.But people are declared righteous because of their faith, not because of their work.
7. By grace we give Jesus all our weaknesses while we accept all His strength by surrendering our
- sins and accept His salvation.
- sicknesses and accept His healing.
- needs and accept His provision.
- anguish and accept His peace.
- will and accept the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- human knowledge and accept His wisdom.
8. d. Grace and sin
- Rom. 7:14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin.
- Col. 2:14Having cancelled the written decreethat was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.
- Gal. 6:14May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
9. 2. What is Salvation?
- Salvation is equivalent to rescue.
- It is a ransom being exchanged, in order to set a person free from enslavement imposed on them by someone or something, or even by an oppressing situation.
10. There are four parts to Gods plan for salvation:
- Justification (were accepted)
- Regeneration (rebirth)
- Sanctification (consecration, set apart)
- Redemption (salvation, deliverance)
11. SALVATION Lecture