1 Dividend You Wont Regret Buying
Post on 17-Aug-2014
DESCRIPTIONConocoPhillips dividend is one of the best in the oil patch.
- 1 Dividend You Wont Regret Buying Source: ConocoPhillips
- ConocoPhillips has paid a dividend every single quarter since 2002. That was the year Conoco merged with Phillips Petroleum. Before the merger both companies had a long history of paying dividends. Source: ConocoPhillips
- Source: ConocoPhillips Not only does ConocoPhillips and its predecessor companies have a history of paying dividends, but they paid a growing dividend.
- Just recently ConocoPhillips boosted its payout by 5.8%. Its the second boost since the 2012 spin-off of its refining business. Source: ConocoPhillips
- ConocoPhillips dividend history alone suggests that investors wont regret buying its stock. Source: ConocoPhillips However, there are three even more compelling reasons why investors wont regret buying ConocoPhillips.
- Reason No. 1: Committed to the Dividend ConocoPhillips payout is on par with some of the worlds top integrated energy companies even after it spun out its own refining assets. So, even though it is now a pure-play E&P company like Devon Energy and Anadarko Petroleum, its payout vastly exceeds what those companies pay. Source: ConocoPhillips Investor Presentation
- Reason No. 1: Committed to the Dividend By committing to its dividend, ConocoPhillips is focused on returns. Thats why it has jettisoned $12.4 billion of non-core assets. In the place of these assets its focusing on growing its most profitable assets, which has led to 11% cash margin growth. This is delivering peer-leading returns. Source: ConocoPhillips Investor Presentation
- Reason No. 2: Visible Growth ConocoPhillips current grow plan calls for production and margins to grow by 3%-5% annually from 2014 through 2017. Its plan is much more focused on growing margins than its peers, which are leaner on the details. Devon Energy, for example, plans 10% production growth this year, with higher-margin oil production expected to grow 30%. Meanwhile, it expects to deliver 20% oil production growth next year. Anadarko Petroleum expects production to grow 5%-7% annually through 2020. However, margin growth isnt as much of a focus, though the liquids composition of production is expected to go from 44% to 60%+.
- Reason No. 2: Visible Growth As mentioned, ConocoPhillips isnt focused on growth for the sake of growth. Instead, it is focused on growing its highest margin production. Source: ConocoPhillips Investor Presentation
- Reason No. 2: Visible Growth By focusing on growing both margins and productions, cash flow is expected to surge. This will provide ConocoPhillips with plenty of free cash flow for future dividends. Source: ConocoPhillips Investor Presentation
- Reason No. 3: Optionality for Future Growth ConocoPhillips is spending 15% of its $16 billion annual capital budget on exploration and appraisal to fuel production growth beyond 2017. Source: ConocoPhillips Investor Presentation
- Reason No. 3: Optionality for Future Growth ConocoPhillips has several compelling future opportunities. Four discoveries in the Gulf of Mexico, including the Shenandoah and Coronado finds with Anadarko Petroleum. Unconventional opportunities in the U.S. (Permian Basin and Niobrara) and Canada (Duvernay and Montney). Source: ConocoPhillips Investor Presentation
- Reason No. 3: Optionality for Future Growth Deepwater Angola is thought to be analogous to Brazils Santos/Campos Basins. Well positioned in LNG with projects in Alaska, Australia and Qatar. Canadian oil sands position holds upwards of 15 billion barrels of oil equivalent resource potential.
- Bottom line is that ConocoPhillips dividend is as safe as they come. Source: ConocoPhillips Making it a dividend stock investors wont regret buying.
- Our FREE report on more great dividend stocks like ConocoPhillips.
View more >
Securing Against Cross-Site Request Forgery in a Way You Wont Regret Later JavaOne 2014 Aaron Hurst.
REGRET I regret saying that to him. He left me. You said something youre sorry. Regret before you say. I regret to inform you that youre very sick.
123userdocs.s3-website-eu-west-1. viewA SimpleSite website is 100% free and super easy to use. You wont regret getting your very own SimpleSite website, blog or online store.